How good is naukri premium services, does it really worth your money? Does it really pay you back to get your resume prepared by so called experts of these companies? In this Analytical and competitive world It is not only about your education and experience but rather how fit you are for a recruiter to consider, how easy is your resume for them to read, how easy it can be matched against their job description? Now question is how to make it attractive for a recruiter? This resume building skill is not taught in a college or school now we have an common availability of resume writers, Naukri premium service is one among the few and needs our careful attention before we think of purchasing their plan and get a job.
What are Naukri Premium Services
Naukri or Infoedge offers this service to job seekers as premium service where they get their resume prepared by their team, they get special listing when recruiters search for job, their profile is shown to recruiters trying to match a JD and Profile & they provide your cover letter. This is all they claim in their offer. What is the quality or resume, whether you get job with that? The formats they provide are fit for all sorts of job you are looking for or they really make your profile awesome is something of a question here.
The collective experience
I recall 2010 time when I was trying hard to switch my Job and was exploring ways in which I can maximise my result for suitable jobs, I reached out to Naukri and took their premium service and paid about Rs.6000/- what came out was 2 resumes with different formats(look wise) but same content. Well not to my satisfaction and it was not difficult to understand that my latest resume lacked the metal.To my dismay, The lady from Naukri.com who was given the charge to prepare my Resume turned out to be a BA graduate with good English language & with no background on IT related work. You can imagine how pathetic my resume turned out to be(well loaded with heavy English words and making Zero sense)
I realised I am not the only one who felt cheated after taking paid resume services but some of my friends shared the same experience.Recent example being my wife’s uncle who paid Rs 40,000(High amount , isn’t it?) to get his resume done from Shine (run by HT), with same complaints. This left me wondering such a waste of time and money it is.
One thing is very clear Person on the other side may be just a good English speaking person but not necessarily know about your domain/skill set which is very decisive in today’s world.
The Need for a Resume
You must be thinking what is the way where we don’t waste our time/money and can be rest assured that our resume will be apt for any job that we apply? To understand this we should really understand the concept behind resume.
In a perfect world if you had less competition there is no need for you to write a resume and share with recruiter but you know we have 1 job and 100+ people applying for it, there has to be a method to short list candidate from lot so that recruiters don’t end up talking to all 100 people right? So there is a need for a prescribed format, relevant information and to the point explanation to what you are and what is your education/experience.
Consider these points:
- People usually copy resume from friends
- We always learn and grow with our understanding towards things we do.
- We don’t get time to write resume
- We are not trained to write resume for this competitive world, we definitely need an expert but what to do if expert is not available?
I must say that consider writing your resume on your own.
Write your resume with these points in mind:
- You maintain your frequency to update your profile as and when you get an opportunity, it’s straight and simple, since you are going to get a job you know what to put and what not.
- These agencies conduct interviews where they ask all the questions related to table of contents in a resume and finally add their understanding while preparing your profile, well I would say if you have to provide so much of details to someone who would not deliver quality output why not spare some hours and prepare yourself.
- If Language is your problem then I guess you would always need someone to help you, but trust me Resume is one activity think about growing up in career and asked to prepare something which requires command in language? Well I would suggest you take some refresher course in this case.
- It becomes really smooth process to circulate your profile in various channels like LinkedIn, websites, job related groups on WhatsApp,Telegram,FB etc since you can customise your content and most importantly you are confident about it.
- Time to time we change our roles, teams, responsibilities and locations and trust me that require a fresh work to customised your resume for the job you are interested, for example Rajeev moved from Media Pre Sales roles in IT company to Media delivery project in same company; now this requires a fresh thought as to how important it is to highlight delivery role and Pre Sales role.
I hope this helps you take a better decision and make you more focused in Job search which is a serious task and requires serious efforts.
If you are still not convinced then I would request you try this informative article on Professional resume format This article is not written with intent to demean anyone but just to make people aware of what exactly going on in the name of making professional resume.